Glasgow Social Enterprise Trade Show: 10th December 2014
To organise the first one day social enterprise trade show to be held by Glasgow Social Enterprise Network (GSEN) in Glasgow City Centre to showcase local social enterprises’ products and services and raise awareness of social enterprise.
CEIS Events provided full event management services covering budget management; venue management; programme development; logistics; marketing and promotion; exhibitor registration; sponsor, exhibitor and delegate recruitment; supply chain management securing AV, catering and market stall services; onsite event management and financial management and reconciliation.
The Trade Show brought together:
- 30 exhibitors
- 6 sponsors
- 3 launches including ‘People Make Glasgow Enterprising’ launch
- 6 showcase presentations from members
- 6 social enterprise suppliers
- 13 prizes
- An activity programme for local social enterprises in the arts and creative industry to showcase their talents and performances.
The event was well received with:
- 81% of exhibitors considering exhibiting at a future trade show
- 87% recommending exhibiting to others
- An increase from 37% – 67% of Trade Show visitors’ knowledge of social enterprise
“We worked with the CEIS Events Team when we hosted Glasgow’s first social enterprise trade show. It was clear from the beginning that the CEIS Events team understand the social enterprise sector including the importance of using the sector within the supply chain. This knowledge proved valuable in organising an event around the needs of both ourselves as hosts and our social enterprise membership base. The event was hailed a success with our membership wanting more!” Elizabeth McKenna, Network Manager, Glasgow Social Enterprise Network