Social Enterprise Summit: 10-11th June 2015, Inverness
To organise a two-day social enterprise event in the Highlands and Islands with a conference, networking reception and exhibition. This event, the first of its type in the Highlands aimed to attract 160+ conference delegates and 30+ exhibitors offering social enterprises the opportunity to meet, trade, collaborate and develop partnerships with each other as well as public and private organisations.
CEIS Events provided full event management services covering budget management; venue management; programme development; logistics; marketing and promotion including website creation and content management; delegate and exhibitor registration; sponsor, exhibitor and delegate recruitment; supply chain management securing AV, catering and shell scheme build services; onsite event management and financial management and reconciliation.
The event helped put the Highlands & Islands on the map as a social enterprise destination through creation of a dynamic two-day event programme, which met HIE’s objectives including:
- attracting 180+ conference delegates UK-wide
- 40 exhibitors• a government address by Mr. John Swinney
- presentations from two international social enterprise leaders
- a one day exhibition showcasing local social enterprise products and services
- a series of ‘Meet the Buyer’ and ‘How to?’ sessions to hear about trading opportunities and gain free access to business support services and advice
- engaging a social enterprise supply chain for provision of entertainment exhibitor catering, photography, media coverage, program print, delegate bag provision and fulfilment and courier services.
“Attracting over 200 delegates across two days of conference and trade fair activity, HIE was pleased to work with CEIS Events to ensure high quality delivery of the Social Enterprise Summit in Inverness in June 2015. CEIS support pre, and during the event was much appreciated and ensured that delegate feedback was highly positive and that HIE’s objectives were met”. Anne MacDonald, Head of Strengthening Communities Policy, Highlands and Islands Enterprise