2015 Conference Overview
Conference delivers social enterprise success stories & ’Rising Stars’
This year’s Social Enterprise Policy & Practice Conference served up an agenda with an international flavour as 200 delegates gathered at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow to learn, network and trade.
The event attracted people involved in all aspects of social enterprise from across Scotland and beyond including guest speaker Sophie Görtler of Berlin-based social enterprise Lebenswelten Catering. Speakers also included senior Scottish government and funders including Gary Gillespie, Chief Economic Adviser to the Scottish Government and Carolyn Sawers, Head of Policy and Learning , Big Lottery Fund in Scotland.
The eagerly-anticipated results of the Social Enterprise in Scotland: Census 2015 were unveiled at the event, underlining the important role social enterprise plays in the Scottish economy. Delegates were also given an insight into the sector’s international ambitions for 2015-2025 and the impact of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015.
This year’s ‘Rising Stars’ delivered inspirational stories of individual success, capped by news of a new £4,000 deal between Homes for Good and The Shetland Soap Company that illustrated the tangible benefits of networking with fellow social enterprises.
Another highlight of the event was the premiere of the first of three parts of ‘Fish Climbing Trees’, a social enterprise film by Director David Boni featuring interviews from some of the most influential people involved in the social enterprise sector as well with people whose lives have been transformed by being employed by a social enterprise.
Download and view all the event resources below.
- A video address by Mr. John Swinney
- Social Enterprise in Scotland: Census 2015 key findings
- Social Enterprise in Scotland: Census 2015 full report
- ‘Fish Climbing Trees’, one of three chapter films by award winning director David Boni
- Conference podcast
- Speaker presentations
- Social Enterprise in Scotland: Census 2015, presented by Jonathan Coburn, Social Value Lab
- Social Enterprises Inclusive Growth, presented by Gary Gillespie, Chief Economic Adviser, Scottish Government
- A perspective on scaling for impact, presented by Sophie Goertler, Sales and Marketing Manager, Lebenswelten Catering and Events
- Rising Stars
- Conference report
Early-bird bookings are available until 29th February 2016. Book here
To read more about how CEIS supports the social enterprise sector, click here
View our image gallery below
CEIS September Conference 2015