The quality and commitment of our 50+ staff has been the key to our success over the years, enabling us to effectively deliver key services to develop the social enterprise sector in Scotland.
Whatever your area of expertise, a job with CEIS will offer you an exciting opportunity to work for the largest support agency for social enterprises, individuals and organisations in the UK.
Post Title: Business Adviser (Marketing)
Accountable to: Operations Manager
Contract of Employment: Part-time, permanent
Salary: up to £35k Pro Rata
CEIS has an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing adviser to join our social enterprise business development team. Your role will be to help organisations market themselves and their products/services more effectively through discrete business consultancy assignments. You’ll be working with a variety of individuals at all levels in the enterprising third sector including frontline volunteers, staff teams and board members and have a real opportunity to make a difference to the way these organisations operate and the social impact they have.
As well as working with individual client organisations you may be involved in training and workshop delivery.
This post is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our experienced and successful social enterprise business development team and make a real contribution to the development of sustainable social businesses.
Social Enterprise is increasingly viewed as an important source of economic growth, a vital source of support for vulnerable communities and a critical path of the reform of public services in Scotland. CEIS’ Enterprise and Communities Team responds by providing tailored business development across the business disciplines to aspiring, emerging and growing social enterprises. With a growing emphasis on social enterprise nationally and locally, we offer professional and tailored consultancy support, through our team of business advisors, to ensure third sector organisations grow as sustainable businesses.
This post is based in Govan, but also involves travel across Scotland on occasion.
Main Duties and Tasks:
To deliver high-quality business advice and support to enterprising third sector organisations across Scotland through:
- Providing expert information regarding promotions, branding, media channels, and other key information for marketing success.
- Guiding the implementation of marketing strategies for various products and services.
- Recommending approaches that suit the client capacity and budget to deliver
- Understanding the principles of business development and an understanding of when to refer clients to other CEIS services.
- Participating in the design and delivery of training events
- Establishing and developing client relationships
- The management of client engagements to achieve outputs within arrangements agreed with clients or specified in CEIS contracts to the recognised quality standards and ensuring all documentation and feedback reporting is provided to assist project management.
- Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with clients and bringing forward recommendations to the Operations Manager for new approaches and tools which could improve effectiveness of support to clients.
- Identifying and progressing business development opportunities for CEIS
- Undertaking personal professional development to achieve and develop the range of support skills and delivery standards required by CEIS to meet its overall objectives.
- Undertake administrative and clerical support duties related to personal workload in order to share the routine tasks of the Team.
- A marketing qualification or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in client-facing roles.
- A current knowledge and understanding of marketing communications
- Strong analytical, negotiation, influencing and report writing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of basic knowledge and understanding of the social enterprise sector in Scotland.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines
Established in 1984, the vision of Community Enterprise in Scotland (CEIS) is to make Scotland a better place to live and work with a more inclusive economy. To realise this CEIS engages with businesses and communities to build capacity and to address inequality. Our social enterprise support is internationally recognised and this work is complemented by business finance, employability services, event management, social research and asset-based community development. Learn more at www.CEIS.org.uk.
CEIS offers excellent conditions for flexible and family-friendly working arrangements and a pension contribution of 10%.
Closing date is 13th August 2018
Business Development Manager