Introduction to web design
This foundation-level course is designed to introduce web design at a high level. Non-technical, we take you through the basics and highlight the “must haves” together with the pitfalls to avoid.
Who should attend?
This half day workshop is aimed at non-technical people who have an influence over their organisation’s website content and/or update it as part of their daily duties. It will be of particular interest to those who are considering or about to embark upong a website re-design. The course does not cover technical issues such as cascading style sheets, forms or authorising tools.
Key learning topics:
- What are the aims of a website?
- What people see when they visit
- What makes a good web design?
- Why use search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to find keywords people search on
- What is content marketing and why do you need it?
- Wireframes – Free tools to assist in design
- How to run a usability study
- How to measure the performance of your website
To see how else our business advisors can support your business, click here
To view upcoming workshop dates, click here
To find out if your social enterprise is eligible for free support through the Scottish Government’s Just Enterprise programme, click here
For further information on how we can support your business contact us online or call Emma Stratton on 0141 425 2900.